Are you a young, budding music journalist looking for writing experience? IDOL magazine is currently looking for music journos to join the team and Kate Allen (Junior Music Ed @ IDOL) explains all below…
“IDOL is an online and twice-yearly print London-based publication, which finds new inspirations every day and is on a constant path of fascination and discovery. Our online medium allows us to share our dug-up gems with the world and let them shine.
We are currently looking for music journalists to join the team.
Although unpaid, the experience (and free music and gig tickets) will be greatly beneficial to any young writers wanting to be involved with a national title and brand.
The ideal candidates will be…
* experienced in writing about music, be that for your student newspaper, for an online blog or having interned previously
* enthusiastic and self-motivated
* interested in writing about new music that excites them
* willing to travel to gigs and interviews
* well organised
* a few sentences about yourself (where you are based, any previous music journalism experience, your current occupation or stage of education etc)
* a couple of examples of your writing (blog links, scans of articles – whatever!)
* a list of your five favourite current bands or most played tracks of the week
All successful applicants will be contacted in September. We look forward to hearing from you.”