We’ve given it some thought and decided that we should probably clarify what exactly we are, and what we are aiming to do.
- a platform for young people (aged 25 and under) to showcase their work
- a means of discovering and supporting emerging talents, as well as providing encouragement and advice from already ‘established’ creatives via our INSPIRED series
- an opportunity for creative young people to congregate, network and get recognition within their chosen field
What opportunities are there going to be?
- At the moment we’re still very much a fledgling project, and we’re currently working on building our ‘catalogue’ of creatives
- However, we are soon planning on offering editorial opportunities (unpaid, but great experience) to budding journalists and writers, and the chance for artists to illustrate their work.
- We encourage people to send us their ideas for pieces that they would either like to produce, or ideas they would like us to take on board or cover in the future.
Where do you come into this?
- Follow us on Twitter and spread the word about TYC so that we get as wide a range of talent up as possible
- Contribute – if you haven’t already contacted us about being featured then we want to hear from YOU! If you are featured, we will then Tweet you – and if you could RT the Tweet containing the link to your post on the blog, that would be brilliant.
- Constructive criticisms are always welcomed – we’d love to hear what you think of the site, or what you’d like to see covered, what you’re not so keen on and etc.
In short – whilst we’re still in very early days, TYC is an ever-growing project that needs your help to keep expanding!